Murukulu is a tasty, spicy and crispy snack which is loved by all. Yummy Murukulu relished with a cup of tea or coffee is a perfect combination. Murukulu is prepared during almost all the festivals in India. There are many versions of Murukulu. In my previous post I have shared about how to make crispy Sago Murukulu, Putunal murukulu, besan murukulu and maida murukku
Today I am sharing one more Murukulu recipe i.e. Peanut Murukulu which is prepared using peanut powder and rice powder. Just try this crispy Peanut Murukulu…
Rice Powder 2 cups
Peanuts 1 cup
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Salt to taste 1 tsp
Ajwain/vamu ½ tbsp.
Sesame seeds/ white til 2 tsp
Water to prepare the dough
Oil for deep frying
Procedure for prepare Peanut Murukulu:
- Grind the peanuts into fine powder.
- In a bowl mix rice powder, peanut powder, red chili powder, ajwain, white til, salt and enough water to make dough.
- Heat oil in a khadai for deep frying.
- Once the oil is hot, reduce the flame to low and with murukulu presser press murukulu into the kadai in a circular motion. Once down increase the flame to medium. Fry the murukulu in small batches
- After 1 minute turn the murukulu to other side and fry. . A well done murukulu stops bubbling and starts going down in the khadai. It is the right time to take out the deep fried murukulu.
- Drain and put on paper towel to remove excessive oil.
- Cool and store the Peanut Murukulu in an airtight container.
Crispy and tasty Peanut Murukulu is ready.
- To know the oil is heated add a small piece of the dough into the heated oil. If the dough rises immediately to the surface of the oil, the oil is heated and we can start pressing the murukulu maker for making murukulu into the heated oil.
- Reduce the flame to low while pressing the murukulu maker into the heated oil. So that the heated oil does not spill on your hands.
- Deep fry the murukulu s on medium flame. So that the murukulu get cooked evenly.