Nendraphazham or Kerala banana is most widely grown in Kerala and Tamil Nadu.
Nendraphazham is a wonderful nutritious fruit which has a rich combination of energy value, tissue building elements, proteins, Vitamins and minerals.
Today I am posting Banana Halwa or Nendraphazham Halwa which is a nutritious sweet recipe as it is prepared with the combination of ripe nendraphazham, ghee, sugar and dry fruits.
Ripe banana/ ripe nendraphazham 4
Ghee 4 – 5 tsp
Sugar ½ cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Cashew nuts (chopped) 10
Almonds (chopped) 10
Procedure for preparing Banana Halwa/ Nendraphazham Halwa:
- Grease a plate with little ghee.
- Peel the ripe bananas and mash the bananas or grind the banana into a smooth paste.
- Heat 2 tsp ghee in a khadai, add the banana pulp and sugar and stir it well till the sugar dissolves completely.
- Add 1 tsp ghee and keep stirring so that the mixture does not get burnt at bottom.
- Keep stirring the mixture till it leaves the sides of the pan, add cardamom powder and stir well till it changes its color to golden brown. Put off the flame.
- Take the mixture into greased plate and spread it evenly all over the plate.
- Garnish the halwa with chopped almonds and cashew nuts. When the halwa cool cut into desired shape (diamond or square).
Yummy Banana Halwa or Nendraphazham Halwa is ready.
- Increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of the bananas.