Rava kesari is a South Indian sweet recipe which is prepared during festivals or special occasions. They are many variations of rava kesari and one of them is Banana Kesari.
Banana Kesari is prepared with semolina, sugar, banana, milk, ghee and dry fruits. It is offered to Gods as naivedyam or prasadam during Navrati and other festivals and during pujas. It is a Vrat recipe.
Kids love this yummy and delicious dessert for its combination of banana, sugar, ghee, milk, semolina and dry fruits.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing Banana Kesari–
Semolina (rava) 1 cup
Sugar 1 ½ cup
Milk 2 cups
Ghee 4 tbsp
Cashew nuts 10
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Ripe bananas 2
Orange red food colour 2 pinch
Water 1 cup
Procedure for preparing Banana Kesari:
- Mash the bananas into fine paste and keep it aside.
- In a small bowl add 2 pinch of orange red food colour add to it 2 tbsp of water and mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan. Fry cashew nuts and raisins separately in ghee. Remove and keep aside.
- Fry semolina in the same ghee. When it turns to golden in colour, add sugar, milk, water, mashed bananas and the food colour and stir well and cook on high flame, it starts bubbling reduce the flame to low and keep stirring continuously and cook for 5 -6 minutes till it is done. Put off the flame.
- Add cardamom powder. Stir well.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
Delicious Banana Kesari is ready. Serve it hot or cold.
- You can increase or decrease the quantity of sugar according to the sweetness of the bananas.
- You can add more 4 tbsp of ghee if you to get more flavour of ghee.