Peanut Chikki is a healthy, delicious traditional Indian candy made of peanuts and jaggery. Peanut Chikki is good for health because of the proteins in the peanuts and iron in the jaggery. It is also a perfect snack during winter to keep your body warm.
Peanut Chikkis are loved by kids for its unique taste, crispness, distant shapes and purity. Peanuts Chikki can be eaten alone and is a perfect replacement of chocolates. So treat your kids this “CHILDREN DAY” WITH PEANUT CHIKKI.
Peanuts 1 cup
Jaggery ¾ cup
Water 2 tsp
Ghee 1 tsp for greasing
- Grease a plate with ghee.
- In a kadai roast the peanuts on medium flame. Keep stirring the peanuts for even roasting. Roast the peanuts till brown spots appear on peanuts. Put off the flame.
- Allow the roasted peanuts to cool down at room temperature. Remove the skin of peanuts when they are still warm and keep it aside.
- In the same kadai heat jaggery and water and boil till the jaggery completely dissolve and start bubbling. Continue stirring the jaggery syrup till it reaches the right consistency.
- To know when it is ready, a drop of it is put into a bowl of water and it has to harden to a brittle consistency.
- Put off the flame. Add the roasted peanuts and mix well till the peanuts are coated well with the jaggery syrup.
- Immediately pour this mixture to the greased plate and pat it with back of the spatula to form flaty ½ “thick layer.
- Allow it to cool then with the help of a sharp knife cut them in desired size.
Peanut Chikki is ready. Store them in airtight container and it lasts for a fortnight.
- Keep stirring while roasting the peanuts to get an even roasting of peanuts.
- Maintain the exact consistency of the jaggery syrup.
Do refer for more PEANUT recipes: