Tomato Burfi is a North Indian sweet recipe made using fresh ripe tomatoes and shredded coconut. Tomato Burfi is a combination of both sweet and sour taste. It is very easy and quick to prepare. Kids will love the taste of this delicious Tomato Burfi.
Let’s go thru the procedure of preparing Tomato Burfi:
Ripe Tomatoes 5 (medium – sized)
Coconut grated 2 cups
Sugar 1 ½ cup
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Ghee 2 tsp
Procedure for preparing Tomato Burfi:
- Wash, cut tomatoes into pieces and grind it in the mixer to a smooth paste. Do not use water. Use a strainer to discard the skin.
- In a pan add 1 tsp ghee, tomato mixer, grated coconut and sugar and stir well and cook on medium to low flame.
- Add cardamom powder and stir well and cook till the mixture leaves the sides of the pan. Keep stirring continuously so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom. Put off the flame.
- Grease a plate with 1 tsp of ghee. Now pour the Tomato Burfi mixture into the plate and allow it to cool.
- When cool cut into desired shapes i.e square, rectangle or diamond.
- Store in an airtight container.
Delicious Tomato Burfi is ready.
- Use ripe tomatoes for preparing this burfi.
- Adjust the sugar according to the sourness of tomatoes.
Do refer for more burfi recipe: