Malai Burfi (Milk Cream Burfi) is a simple and quick delicious sweet recipe which is prepared using malai (milk cream), sugar, cardamom powder and red food color.
Let’s go thru the process of preparing MALAI BURFI:
Malai (Milk Cream) 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Cardamom powder 1 tsp
Red food color (optional) a pinch
Ghee 1 tsp
Procedure for preparing Malai Burfi:
- In a pan add malai (home collected milk cream for 1 week) and sugar and keep stirring on high flame until it starts bubbling.
- Reduce the flame to low to medium and keep stirring so that it does not get burnt down.
- Add red food color and cardamom powder to the mixture and keep stirring.
- Keep stirring till the mixture thickens and leaves the side of the pan. Put off the flame.
- Grease a tray with 1 tsp of ghee.
- Now transfer the contents into the greased tray and spread it equally with a spoon, allow it to cool.
- Refrigerate the tray for 1 hour.
- Remove the tray from the refrigerator and use a greased knife and cut the burfi mixture into desired shapes.
Yummy, soft and delicious Malai Burfi is ready.
- Use only the milk cream that is been collected for 1 week.
- U can decrease the sweet level by reducing the sugar.
Do refer for more burfi recipes: