Mambazha Pulissery is a traditional dish of Kerala. It is usually prepared during Kerala Sadhya (Great Feast) i.e., during Vishu and Onam and other important occasions. It is prepared using ripe mango, coconut and curd. This dish is very sweet, tangy and spicy. It is used preparing nadan mangoes, you can also use other varieties of ripe mangoes.
Ripe mangoes 3
Red chili powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Salt as needed
Curd (sour) 1 cup
Water 1 cup
Coconut grated 2 cups
Jeera/cumin 1 tsp
Onion 1 small
Green chilies 2
Curry leaves 1 strands
Coconut oil 3 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Jeera/cumin ½ tsp
Curry leaves 2 strands
Dry red chili 3
Procedure for preparing Mambazha Pulissery:
- Wash the mangoes. Mix in bowl mangoes, turmeric powder, red chili powder, salt and water and cook it.
- Meanwhile grind all the ingredients under grinding.
- Cook till the mangoes turn soft. Then add the ground paste and mix well and cook for another 3 – 4 minutes on medium flame.
- Beat the curd. Add the curd to the curry and just allow it to boil and put off the flame.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and when it splutters add dry red chili and curry leaves and fry it. Put off the flame. Pour this seasoning on top of pulissery.
SWEET Mambazha Pulissery is ready.
- Use coconut oil for the pulissery as it enhances the taste of Mambazha Pulissery.
- While adding curd, just allow the curry to boil then put off the flame otherwise the curry may get curdle
Do refer for more mango recipes: