Kombadi Chicken is a Maharashtrian Style Chicken Dish. In this chicken recipe, chicken is marinated with ground spices and then roasted with dry spices. It is a tasty and delicious chicken (dry) recipe.
Chicken 1 kg
Oil 1 tbsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 5 tsp
Red chili powder 2 tsp
Black pepper powder 1 tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt to taste
Dry red chili 8
Kashmiri red chili 2
Fennel seeds 2 tsp
Poppy seeds 1 tbsp
Cinnamon 3 (1” each piece)
Coconut grated ½ cup
Procedure for preparing Kombadi Chicken:
- Wash and clean the chicken pieces.
- Grind all ingredients under masala into a fine paste.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with ground masala paste for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pan add chopped onions and fry till it turns golden brown. Then add turmeric powder and salt and saute.
- Add marinated chicken and stir well. Allow it to cook once the curry starts bubbling, reduce the flame to low and close the lid and cook for 10 minutes.
- Now add coriander powder, red chili powder, black pepper powder and garam masala powder and mix well. Close the lid and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add 1 cup of water and stir well. Close the lid and cook till the chicken is tender and till the water evaporates.
Tasty Kombadi Chicken (dry) is ready. Serve it with pulao, roti, naan etc.
- U can increase/ decrease the spice levels according to ur preference.
Do refer for more Chicken Recipes: