Pumpkin Halwa or Kaddu Ka Halwa is a simple and easy halwa prepared using yellow pumpkin and few ingredients. Pumpkin Halwa is a delicious and tasty halwa which is usually prepared during festivals and also during the season when pumpkin is abundantly produced.
Yellow pumpkin / kaddu ½ kg
Milk 1 cup
Sugar 1 cup
Ghee 2 tbsp
Cardamom powder ½ tsp
Cashew nut 1 tbsp
Procedure for preparing Yellow Pumpkin Halwa – Kaddu Ka Halwa:
- Peel the pumpkin, remove the seeds and also the husk covering the seeds.
- Wash the pumpkin and grate them.
- Heat ghee in a pan and add the grated pumpkin and saute on low flame for about 10 minutes till it changes it color. Keep stirring in between.
- Add milk to it and allow it to boil on medium flame. Once it is boiled reduce the flame to low.
- Add sugar and mix well. Keep stirring continuously otherwise the halwa gets struck at the bottom of the pan. Cook till the halwa attains a thick consistency or till it leaves the sides of the pan.
- Add cardamom powder and mix well. Put off the flame.
- Garnish with cashew nuts or any dry fruits of your choice.
Yummy! Yellow Pumpkin Halwa or Kaddu Ka Halwa is ready.
- U can increase or decrease the sugar level according to the sweetness of the pumpkin.
Do refer for more Halwa recipes: